Why Mowing Wet Grass Is Difficult?
Cutting Wet Grass Can Damage Your Lawn:
For an excellent cut, grass blades need to be standing up off the floor. Wet blades of lawn-mower in wet grass are heavier than dry ones. For this cause, such blades hug the floor. As your turf begins to dry after a rain, a number of the blades will, indeed, resume their upright position and be chopped off when you mow. But the rest will now not be status at interest and your mower will bypass right over them in preference to cutting them. When they do pop again up, your garden can be riddled with “cowlicks.”
The ensuing uneven appearance could be bad enough, but whilst you try to cut damp grass—the end result is a tear as opposed to an easy reduction. These tears open the door for fungus and moisture affords a medium for fungus to spread, so whilst you mow a lawn this is wet, you’re growing a super typhoon for fungal infestations.
Fungal diseases can also develop on a lawn that has been cut after a rainstorm via the grass clippings, which shape bigger clumps beneath such conditions. These clippings mat down, restricting wholesome airflow. An excess of grass clippings that fall for your lawn can lead to a fungal disorder called “brown spot.” Meanwhile, the moist grass clippings that stick with the underside of the mower deck—if allowed to stay there—invite mold, that could then be spread on your turf.
Finally, even the easy act of creating passes up and down a wet lawn together with your device can hurt your lawn. The wheels sink down into a wet surface in a way that they may not whilst the ground is dry. At worst, the wheels will form ruts in the floor, without delay damaging the grass. A pleasant, they will motive the soil to turn out to be compacted, which causes damage over time.
Mowing Wet Grass Not Good for Your Mower:
Moisture is intricate for the fuel inside the mower’s gasoline tank, its metal components, and, not directly, its engine. If you do not mix a stabilizer into the gas tank, intruding moisture reasons corrosion. Moist grass clippings that cake on the metallic underside ought to subsequently reason rust. Even in the brief time period, the presence of this caked substance stresses the engine—It impedes the motion of the blade and your engine works harder to make up for it.
Most Importantly, It’s Unsafe
Your private safety should constantly come earlier than getting work achieved within the backyard and you are at greater threat of damage when mowing moist grass than dry grass. There are two factors that may expand the danger:
- Using an electric powered mower
- Mowing on slopes
- One manner to dispose of the latter is to develop ground covers on slopes in place of grass.
Regardless of the terrain and the form of mower you use, there’s some danger of slipping on slick turf. It could effortlessly cause you to drag a muscle, but even breaking a bone isn’t always out of the query. The worst possible state of affairs is that, in dropping manage of your frame in the slippery conditions, certainly one of your limbs falls into the direction of the rotating blade.
Mowing a Wet Grass Causes Extra Work:
It takes extra time and effort to mow a moist garden, and because your lawn nevertheless might not look excellent later on. You will need to mow all over again as quickly as viable. In addition, moist grass stains your clothes, footwear, and every surface your shoe contact. So cleaning up in a while is worse. However, all of this is just the starting of the added work. This comes particularly in the form of all of the changes you may have to make as compared to ordinary mowing.
In These Cases, You Start Mowing Wet Lawn:
You will feel forced to cut the grass no matter it’s being wet, and with full knowledge of all of the motives why mowing at this type of time is elaborate.
- There has been an extended period of rain in your region, with even extra rain forecasted. You understand waiting longer to mow could imply the grass could get tons taller than it’s imagined.
- You have put your own home at the actual-estate marketplace and are showing it nowadays, and your yard has to be at its aesthetic great.
Yes, you can mow in such instances if you virtually must, as long as the floor is not downright soggy. You shouldn’t be sinking down into it or standing in puddles—but you should make some changes:
Follow These Steps:
- Add a stabilizer to your fuel.
- Safely sharpen your mower blade.
- Raise your mower wheels; mowing higher than regular will put less pressure on the engine.
- Don’t try mulching or bagging the grass (with a moist garden, mulching does not work as well. And the inner of your bag might get extraordinarily dirty). Just discharge it out the side chute.
- On each pass, you make whilst mowing, reduce the handiest half of the swath you generally would. This way, the engine does not have to paintings as tough.
- Safely easy the underside of the mower’s deck and the discharge chute as you go. In order that fewer clippings cake onto them. (spraying silicone onto a clean deck in advance may make the scraping pass less difficult).
- Rake up the one’s clippings later on and move them to your compost bin.
- You also can take a proactive approach. Listen to weather forecasts to stay knowledgeable about drawing near rainstorms.
- When you understand one is coming mow your grass. Before it can get moist despite the fact that it would not typically be time to mow yet.